Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Restaurant Searching

Restaurant Searching

Guest post from: Natalie Walter


I’ve always known I wanted to be a chef, but it’s really hard to make ends meet when you’re not an executive cook at a big restaurant. For now, I’m back in culinary school getting my pastry degree, but I spend a lot of my time looking for restaurant jobs online. I have a Clearwire Internet connection at home, and it’s mobile so I can take it with me when I’m not at my house. I’ve been looking for anything in the restaurant field, including waiting tables and even hosting. I found a really cool wine bar near my house that ne! eds a good bartender, so I’ve recently sent out an application and hope to hear back about that soon. They have a kitchen as well, so maybe they’d even let me get a little experience to help me find an executive chef position when I finish school! Looking for a job is never easy, but thankfully for me the food industry has pretty high turnover, so there are a steady influx of jobs coming open online. Soon I’ll be cooking up a storm in the kitchen of my dreams!

1 comment: